Tesco staff abused, Management don't care ~ Tesco-Complaint

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Tesco staff abused, Management don't care

I work nights for Tesco in a petrol station and have had loads of problems with local yobs (15-18 years old). I am locked in I am away form the store and on my own. One particular night the yobs came back despite being "banned" from the store and the garage (for damaging Tesco & customers property) and I ended up in tears, shaking & absolutely terrified as it was an hour or so before I was due to go home & I didn't know if they would be waiting for me.

I rang the duty manager for help explaining that I was terrified (by this point I was shaking so much I could hardly speak) he said he would come over, the police arrived at the same point as a lad from the shop floor saying the manager had sent him over to see if I was ok. I was fuming at the fact that the duty manager couldn't be bothered to come over and even the policeman was confused as to why a lad from shop floor had been sent over in his place.

On another occasion I was told not to push the panic button as it causes to much paperwork despite arguing with the same manager 3 times in one night about the level of verbal abuse & threats I was receiving from these yobs (the third time they came back he said he would call the police although I suspect this was to shut me up as 4 hours later they still hadn't turned up). This had now been going on for several weeks yet Tesco don't seem to be able to give me any support.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are not alone. Pay verylittlehelps.com a visit, a site for Tesco staff, you'll see posts about lack of store and petrol station security, and tales of abuse from customers.

tesco-complaint said...

There have been some very insightful reports from Tesco Staff on the site since we opened to make complaints about Tesco public. From this very personal staff complaint to the recent legal issue over staff car damage to the expose on the lack of staff training and the reason for the drive to disapply policy in face of store profits to the firing of British staff in favour of new EU immmigrants. We hope this wil continue. Rest assured Tesco staff, thousands of people are reading your posts and as our profile grows on Google this number will also rise.

We welcome Tesco staff very much and they are an integral part of this site and provide some amazing inside truths.

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

It's disgusting that you should have to be afraid at work and even more disgusting that Tesco seem reluctant to do anything about it.

If I were you I would refuse to work in there overnight alone.

Anonymous said...

I do empathise with your case its seems that you store is very badly managed.

WITH REGARDS TO IMMIGRANTS, SOME SUPPORT STORES CANNOT GET THE STAFF THAT THEY NEED BE IT FROM COMPETITION WITH RIVALS ARE IF THE AREA IS VERY AFFLUENT THEREFORE THEY WILL GET IMMIGRANTS HOUSE THEM AND PAY THEM A WAGE, ONLY BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE WANTS THE JOB

Jonqgqm said...

I do empathise with your case its seems that you store is very badly managed. WITH REGARDS TO IMMIGRANTS, SOME SUPPORT STORES CANNOT GET THE STAFF THAT THEY NEED BE IT FROM COMPETITION WITH RIVALS ARE IF THE AREA IS VERY AFFLUENT THEREFORE THEY WILL GET IMMIGRANTS HOUSE THEM AND PAY THEM A WAGE, ONLY BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE WANTS THE JOB

Anonymous said...

I agree was in the same boat as you had an angry customer verbally shout and swear at me really stressed me out coz I work in petrol station and I tried to get hold of security and we couldn't then I called duty who happened to be on the other side of the store whom could have at least sent security down via communication on tannoy but failed to casually walking down petrol station like me and my colleague was unimportant. Outcome was I couldn't cope with work and I was immense upset with store the angry guy fessed up to my duty manager and owned up that it was his fault yet didn't get an apology nor was he barred but yet we have customer stealing whom immediately get barred so Tesco don't do proper risk assessment nor do they follow proper protocol which is what I aim to bring to the companies attention. If a customer has bad shopping experience at Tesco I don't see why we should get penalised for that if its ok for customers to treat staff members like
That!!!!!!

yanmaneee said...

nike air max 270
balenciaga sneakers
air max 97
golden goose sneakers
yeezy
balenciaga trainers
yeezy shoes
nike air max
kyrie 6
adidas stan smith